Nokia C110\C111

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue May 31 09:07:46 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 02:29:59PM +0200, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 00:00 +1200, Nevyn wrote:
> > I'm desperately trying to get the Nokia C110/C111 PCMCIA card going.
>
> Those card are prism2/2.5/3 based according to
> http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz - so they ought to
> work with the hostap-driver.

No, they are not. They do use Intersil chips, but the MAC is not the
standard HFA3842 used in Prism2 series, but HFA3845 (if I remember
correctly) which seems to have a completely different interface to the
host system and as such, the driver is different and there's not much
hope getting these to work with the Host AP driver.