Bridge delay.

roby roby at netrotter.net
Tue May 31 07:51:28 EDT 2005

Hi,

 I'm doing some performance test on my WLAN. I'm using WPA with EAP/TLS
authentication sistem. The network is composed of three linux box, 1
authentication server and 2 access points. All these works fine.

 At this time I am testing handover delay with VoIP application. The total
delay time is around 1.07 Sec, but if I analyze the traffic I can see that
the reauthentication process take just 0.5 sec of the total time. Infact at
the end of the authentication the access point wait a time between 0.4 and
0.6 sec to start to forward the traffic. I already check the STP settings,
and they are fine. I suppose this is a problem of hostap, maybe something
related with the "Michael" algoritm...

 I'need to know if I have to modify something in hostap, probably Malinen is
the best person that can give me suggestion... or if my conjecture is wrong
please tell me why there are 0.5 seconds of delay before AP starts to
forward traffic, and how can solve this problem.

Thank a lot for your help
Roby.

Maybe Malynen can help me,