[Ipw2100-devel] Re: Host AP/hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.4.1

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue May 24 01:55:58 EDT 2005

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 12:59:12PM +0800, Zhu Yi wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-05-23 at 18:29 +0200, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
> > The ipw_param struct of driver_ipw.c is out of sync with the one used in
> > ipw2200-1.0.4, causing wpa_supplicant-0.4.1 to fail with WPA. The
> > attached patch fixes it.

> Thank you Brix. Seems Jouni forgot to merge this part. I'll resend to
> him.

That would probably be partly forgotten, but more so because it seemed
to break compatibility with older driver versions. Anyway, I added this
patch to wpa_supplicant (both devel and stable branch). If I understood
correctly, this will require an update for the ipw2100 driver.

I made a new release candidate (rc2) of wpa_supplicant 0.3.9. I would
appreciate it if someone could confirm that this works with
ipw2200-1.0.4 and also let me know once a new version of ipw2100 has
been released and tested to work with wpa_supplicant 0.3.9-rc2 so that I
can release the next version of wpa_supplicant from the stable branch.

http://hostap.epitest.fi/releases/testing/wpa_supplicant-0.3.9-rc2.tar.gz