Madwifi, wpa_supplicant, static 104bit WEP, key not set

Glyn Edwards glynedwards at fastmail.fm
Wed Mar 30 03:33:11 EST 2005

Hi,

I am using the Madwifi drivers with the following versions

wlan: 0.8.4.5 (EXPERIMENTAL)
ath_hal: 0.9.12.14 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212)
ath_rate_onoe: 1.0
ath_pci: 0.9.4.12 (EXPERIMENTAL)

and the wpa_supplicant version 0.3.8

I have a simple static WEP network using a 104bit WEP key which I can
associate with normally. Wpa_supplicant finds the network and sets up
everything apart from the key and I can't seem to work out why.

My wpa_supplicant.conf contains (with the key changed)

# Shared WEP key connection (no WPA, no IEEE 802.1X)
network={
        ssid="Exxon4"
        key_mgmt=NONE
        wep_key0=3C261837B41ED435C7A11ECB3D
        priority=5
}

The output of wpa_supplicant launched with
wpa_supplicant -dd -D madwifi -i ath0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf"

is at http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~grhe2/wpa_debug

The only thing I can see the card complain about is a bad parameter for
scanning. Have I got the syntax in wpa_supplicant.conf wrong (It seems
to parse correctly) or is it something else.

Many thanks in advance

Glyn