Linux 2.6.11.5 + Hostapd + Madwifi

Eden Akhavi eden.akhavi at ltt.com
Thu Mar 24 17:44:57 EST 2005

Hi, I have looked about the mailing archives to see if anyone else is
suffering from this and could not see anything, so I am assuming its just a
bad config my side.

I am running Linux 2.6.11.5 with a Atheros based Cardbus card

When I run hostapd, I get:

Configuration file: ./madwifi.conf
madwifi_set_iface_flags: dev_up=0
Using interface ath0 with hwaddr 00:01:24:60:0b:2c and ssid 'wpa-test'
madwifi_set_ieee8021x: enabled=1
madwifi_configure_wpa: group key cipher=1
ioctl[IEEE80211_IOCTL_SETPARAM]: Invalid argument
Unable to set group key cipher to 1
ath0: DRIVER Error configuring WPA state!
IEEE 802.1X initialization failed.
rmdir[ctrl_interface]: Bad address
madwifi_set_privacy: enabled=0
madwifi_set_ieee8021x: enabled=0
madwifi_set_iface_flags: dev_up=0

---

I have Madwifi (ath_pci) 0.9.4.12, hostapd fresh from the CVS tonight. The
Atheros card appears to be working fine, I have an unencrypted connection
working fine with it.

madwifi.conf:

interface=ath0
driver=madwifi
logger_syslog=-1
logger_syslog_level=2
logger_stdout=-1
logger_stdout_level=2
debug=0
dump_file=/tmp/hostapd.dump
ssid=wpa-test
eap_message=hello
eapol_key_index_workaround=0
own_ip_addr=127.0.0.1
wpa=1
wpa_passphrase=secret passphrase
wpa_key_mgmt=WPA-PSK WPA-EAP
wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP

--------------

lsmod shows the relevant drivers loaded:

wlan_wep                6528  0
wlan_xauth              1536  0
wlan_ccmp               6912  0
wlan_tkip              11648  0
ath_pci                64032  0
ath_rate_onoe           9096  1 ath_pci
wlan                  116444  7
wlan_wep,wlan_xauth,wlan_ccmp,wlan_tkip,ath_pci,ath_rate_onoe
ath_hal               133200  2 ath_pci

Has anyone seen this before or solved it.

Thanks in advance

//Eden