example config for wired?

Gunter Burchardt gbur at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu Mar 10 02:12:45 EST 2005

> Hi,
>
> I would like to give wpa_supplicant, hostapd and freeswan
> a try in a wired setup. preferable with eap-tls and maybe
> even using smart cards. has anyone done something like this
> and could give a working example config?

A config for wired setup for hostapd is included in hostapd directory.
But i think hostpad is not enough for an working authenticator. You
need pae module. Its an extension for hostapd that enables hostapd to
work in wired environments. I can send you the source of pae module.
There will be a sourceforge project for this module soon. I will
anounce this in this mailing list.

wpa_supplicant also supports wired environment. But i didn't know
any config.

regards
gunter