trouble at hostapd+madwifi paradise :|

André Lemos alemos at criticalsoftware.com
Thu Jun 30 13:25:46 EDT 2005


this used to work with exactly this setup, so I can only imagine the
problem is within either madwifi-bsd-cvs or hostapd since even on
another completely different machine I get exactly the same.

this is hostapd with 802.1x (using wep for the keys).

and hansen wrote:

>I have never used wep and hostapd
>but a little check list:
>update your openssl
>update your wireless tools
>let the dog out, if it barks
>use freeradius cvs head branch
>start radiusd whit -X for debug messages
>(perhaps update your kernel)
>
>/Lasse
>
>--- André Lemos wrote:
>
>  
>
>>I'm sending the detailed log, perhaps you can shed
>>some light over this
>>
>>I'm using CVS versions of hostapd and madwifi-bsd
>>branch from _now_
>>
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Ps.: the Radius server never gets contacted in the
>>process
>>
>>
>>
>>and hansen wrote:
>>
>>    
>>
>>>try starting with hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf -dd
>>>and
>>>wpa_supplicant -i ath0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
>>>      
>>>
>>-dd
>>    
>>
>>>--- André Lemos wrote:
>>>
>>> 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>>>How can I debug this? It works on one machine, but
>>>>it gives me on
>>>>another. (different kernel and libs). Do you have
>>>>        
>>>>
>>a
>>    
>>
>>>>working version of
>>>>this guys doing along together just fine? Could
>>>>        
>>>>
>>you
>>    
>>
>>>>send me the tarball
>>>>of the snapshots?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>thanks
>>>>
>>>>Wireless event: cmd=0x8c04 len=20
>>>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.11:
>>>>deassociated
>>>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 WPA: event 2
>>>>notification
>>>>IEEE 802.1X: station 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 port
>>>>        
>>>>
>>disabled
>>    
>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential
>>>>information or privileged material and is intended
>>>>only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a
>>>>named addressee and mistakenly received this
>>>>        
>>>>
>>message
>>    
>>
>>>>you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it:
>>>>please delete this e-mail from your system and
>>>>notify the sender immediately. E-mail
>>>>        
>>>>
>>transmissions
>>    
>>
>>>>are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
>>>>information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
>>>>destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
>>>>viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept
>>>>liability for any errors or omissions in the
>>>>contents of this message that arise as a result of
>>>>e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy
>>>>version if verification is required. Critical
>>>>Software.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>   
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>>>_______________________________________________
>>>>>     
>>>>>
>>>>>          
>>>>>
>>>>HostAP mailing list
>>>>HostAP at shmoo.com
>>>>http://lists.shmoo.com/mailman/listinfo/hostap
>>>>
>>>>   
>>>>
>>>>        
>>>>
>>>_______________________________________________
>>>HostAP mailing list
>>>HostAP at shmoo.com
>>>http://lists.shmoo.com/mailman/listinfo/hostap
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> 
>>>
>>>      
>>>
>>
>>DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential
>>information or privileged material and is intended
>>only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a
>>named addressee and mistakenly received this message
>>you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it:
>>please delete this e-mail from your system and
>>notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions
>>are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
>>information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
>>destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
>>viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept
>>liability for any errors or omissions in the
>>contents of this message that arise as a result of
>>e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy
>>version if verification is required. Critical
>>Software.
>>
>>
>>    
>>
>>>lapy hostapd # ./hostapd -ddd config.conf
>>>      
>>>
>>Configuration file: config.conf
>>madwifi_set_iface_flags: dev_up=0
>>Using interface ath0 with hwaddr 00:20:a6:57:3e:6f
>>and ssid 'campeao2'
>>ath0: RADIUS Authentication server
>>192.168.3.159:1812
>>ath0: RADIUS Accounting server 192.168.3.159:1813
>>madwifi_set_ieee8021x: enabled=1
>>madwifi_set_iface_flags: dev_up=1
>>madwifi_del_key: addr=00:00:00:00:00:00 key_idx=0
>>madwifi_del_key: addr=00:00:00:00:00:00 key_idx=1
>>madwifi_del_key: addr=00:00:00:00:00:00 key_idx=2
>>madwifi_del_key: addr=00:00:00:00:00:00 key_idx=3
>>IEEE 802.1X: New default WEP key index 2
>>IEEE 802.1X: New default WEP key - hexdump(len=13):
>>db 55 9c 12 81 40 79 d8 17 cb 83 bc bb
>>madwifi_set_key: alg=WEP addr=00:00:00:00:00:00
>>key_idx=2
>>ath0: RADIUS Sending RADIUS message to accounting
>>server
>>RADIUS message: code=4 (Accounting-Request)
>>identifier=0 length=66
>>   Attribute 40 (Acct-Status-Type) length=6
>>      Value: 7
>>   Attribute 45 (Acct-Authentic) length=6
>>      Value: 1
>>   Attribute 30 (Called-Station-Id) length=28
>>      Value: '00-20-A6-57-3E-6F:campeao2'
>>   Attribute 49 (Acct-Terminate-Cause) length=6
>>      Value: 11
>>ath0: RADIUS Next RADIUS client retransmit in 3
>>seconds
>>
>>Flushing old station entries
>>madwifi_sta_deauth: addr=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
>>reason_code=3
>>Deauthenticate all stations
>>l2_packet_receive - recv: Network is down
>>ath0: RADIUS Received 20 bytes from RADIUS server
>>ath0: RADIUS Received RADIUS message
>>RADIUS message: code=5 (Accounting-Response)
>>identifier=0 length=20
>>ath0: STA 00:00:00:00:00:00 RADIUS: Received RADIUS
>>packet matched with a pending request, round trip
>>time 0.01 sec
>>Wireless event: cmd=0x8b19 len=12
>>Wireless event: cmd=0x8c03 len=20
>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.11: associated
>>  New STA
>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 WPA: event 1
>>notification
>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: start
>>authentication
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_KEY_TX entering
>>state NO_KEY_TRANSMIT
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 KEY_RX entering state
>>NO_KEY_RECEIVE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 CTRL_DIR entering
>>state IN_OR_BOTH
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state IDLE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 KEY_RX entering state
>>NO_KEY_RECEIVE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 CTRL_DIR entering
>>state FORCE_BOTH
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state DISCONNECTED
>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X:
>>unauthorizing port
>>madwifi_set_sta_authorized: addr=00:02:6f:20:c0:98
>>authorized=0
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state RESTART
>>IEEE 802.1X: station 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 - new auth
>>session, clearing State
>>IEEE 802.1X: Generated EAP Request-Identity for
>>00:02:6f:20:c0:98 (identifier 0, timeout 30)
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state CONNECTING
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state AUTHENTICATING
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state REQUEST
>>IEEE 802.1X: Sending EAP Packet to 00:02:6f:20:c0:98
>>(identifier 0)
>>TX EAPOL - hexdump(len=23): 00 02 6f 20 c0 98 00 20
>>a6 57 3e 6f 88 8e 02 00 00 05 01 00 00 05 01
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>
>>
>>(............)
>>
>>
>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: EAP timeout
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state TIMEOUT
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state ABORTING
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: aborting
>>authentication
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state RESTART
>>IEEE 802.1X: station 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 - new auth
>>session, clearing State
>>IEEE 802.1X: Generated EAP Request-Identity for
>>00:02:6f:20:c0:98 (identifier 1, timeout 30)
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state IDLE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state CONNECTING
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state AUTHENTICATING
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state REQUEST
>>IEEE 802.1X: Sending EAP Packet to 00:02:6f:20:c0:98
>>(identifier 1)
>>TX EAPOL - hexdump(len=23): 00 02 6f 20 c0 98 00 20
>>a6 57 3e 6f 88 8e 02 00 00 05 01 01 00 05 01
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>
>>(..............)
>>
>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: EAP timeout
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state TIMEOUT
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state ABORTING
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: aborting
>>authentication
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state RESTART
>>IEEE 802.1X: station 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 - new auth
>>session, clearing State
>>IEEE 802.1X: Generated EAP Request-Identity for
>>00:02:6f:20:c0:98 (identifier 2, timeout 30)
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
>>state IDLE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state CONNECTING
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
>>state INITIALIZE
>>IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
>>state 
>>    
>>
>=== message truncated ===
>
>_______________________________________________
>HostAP mailing list
>HostAP at shmoo.com
>http://lists.shmoo.com/mailman/listinfo/hostap
>
>
>
>  
>



DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential information or privileged material and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a named addressee and mistakenly received this message you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it: please delete this e-mail from your system and notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy version if verification is required. Critical Software.




More information about the HostAP mailing list