trouble at hostapd+madwifi paradise :|

and hansen and0806 at yahoo.dk
Thu Jun 30 13:14:18 EDT 2005


I have never used wep and hostapd
but a little check list:
update your openssl
update your wireless tools
let the dog out, if it barks
use freeradius cvs head branch
start radiusd whit -X for debug messages
(perhaps update your kernel)

/Lasse

--- André Lemos wrote:

> I'm sending the detailed log, perhaps you can shed
> some light over this
> 
> I'm using CVS versions of hostapd and madwifi-bsd
> branch from _now_
> 
> 
> Thanks
> 
> Ps.: the Radius server never gets contacted in the
> process
> 
> 
> 
> and hansen wrote:
> 
> >try starting with hostapd /etc/hostapd.conf -dd
> >and
> >wpa_supplicant -i ath0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
> -dd
> >
> >--- André Lemos wrote:
> >
> >  
> >
> >>How can I debug this? It works on one machine, but
> >>it gives me on
> >>another. (different kernel and libs). Do you have
> a
> >>working version of
> >>this guys doing along together just fine? Could
> you
> >>send me the tarball
> >>of the snapshots?
> >>
> >>
> >>thanks
> >>
> >>Wireless event: cmd=0x8c04 len=20
> >>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.11:
> >>deassociated
> >>ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 WPA: event 2
> >>notification
> >>IEEE 802.1X: station 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 port
> disabled
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential
> >>information or privileged material and is intended
> >>only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a
> >>named addressee and mistakenly received this
> message
> >>you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it:
> >>please delete this e-mail from your system and
> >>notify the sender immediately. E-mail
> transmissions
> >>are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> >>information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
> >>destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
> >>viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept
> >>liability for any errors or omissions in the
> >>contents of this message that arise as a result of
> >>e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy
> >>version if verification is required. Critical
> >>Software.
> >>
> >>
> >>    
> >>
> >>>_______________________________________________
> >>>      
> >>>
> >>HostAP mailing list
> >>HostAP at shmoo.com
> >>http://lists.shmoo.com/mailman/listinfo/hostap
> >>
> >>    
> >>
> >
> >_______________________________________________
> >HostAP mailing list
> >HostAP at shmoo.com
> >http://lists.shmoo.com/mailman/listinfo/hostap
> >
> >
> >
> >  
> >
> 
> 
> 
> DISCLAIMER: This message may contain confidential
> information or privileged material and is intended
> only for the individual(s) named. If you are not a
> named addressee and mistakenly received this message
> you should not copy or otherwise disseminate it:
> please delete this e-mail from your system and
> notify the sender immediately. E-mail transmissions
> are not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
> information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain
> viruses. Therefore, the sender does not accept
> liability for any errors or omissions in the
> contents of this message that arise as a result of
> e-mail transmissions. Please request a hard copy
> version if verification is required. Critical
> Software.
> 
> 
> > lapy hostapd # ./hostapd -ddd config.conf
> Configuration file: config.conf
> madwifi_set_iface_flags: dev_up=0
> Using interface ath0 with hwaddr 00:20:a6:57:3e:6f
> and ssid 'campeao2'
> ath0: RADIUS Authentication server
> 192.168.3.159:1812
> ath0: RADIUS Accounting server 192.168.3.159:1813
> madwifi_set_ieee8021x: enabled=1
> madwifi_set_iface_flags: dev_up=1
> madwifi_del_key: addr=00:00:00:00:00:00 key_idx=0
> madwifi_del_key: addr=00:00:00:00:00:00 key_idx=1
> madwifi_del_key: addr=00:00:00:00:00:00 key_idx=2
> madwifi_del_key: addr=00:00:00:00:00:00 key_idx=3
> IEEE 802.1X: New default WEP key index 2
> IEEE 802.1X: New default WEP key - hexdump(len=13):
> db 55 9c 12 81 40 79 d8 17 cb 83 bc bb
> madwifi_set_key: alg=WEP addr=00:00:00:00:00:00
> key_idx=2
> ath0: RADIUS Sending RADIUS message to accounting
> server
> RADIUS message: code=4 (Accounting-Request)
> identifier=0 length=66
>    Attribute 40 (Acct-Status-Type) length=6
>       Value: 7
>    Attribute 45 (Acct-Authentic) length=6
>       Value: 1
>    Attribute 30 (Called-Station-Id) length=28
>       Value: '00-20-A6-57-3E-6F:campeao2'
>    Attribute 49 (Acct-Terminate-Cause) length=6
>       Value: 11
> ath0: RADIUS Next RADIUS client retransmit in 3
> seconds
> 
> Flushing old station entries
> madwifi_sta_deauth: addr=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
> reason_code=3
> Deauthenticate all stations
> l2_packet_receive - recv: Network is down
> ath0: RADIUS Received 20 bytes from RADIUS server
> ath0: RADIUS Received RADIUS message
> RADIUS message: code=5 (Accounting-Response)
> identifier=0 length=20
> ath0: STA 00:00:00:00:00:00 RADIUS: Received RADIUS
> packet matched with a pending request, round trip
> time 0.01 sec
> Wireless event: cmd=0x8b19 len=12
> Wireless event: cmd=0x8c03 len=20
> ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.11: associated
>   New STA
> ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 WPA: event 1
> notification
> ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: start
> authentication
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_KEY_TX entering
> state NO_KEY_TRANSMIT
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 KEY_RX entering state
> NO_KEY_RECEIVE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 CTRL_DIR entering
> state IN_OR_BOTH
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state IDLE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 KEY_RX entering state
> NO_KEY_RECEIVE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 CTRL_DIR entering
> state FORCE_BOTH
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state DISCONNECTED
> ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X:
> unauthorizing port
> madwifi_set_sta_authorized: addr=00:02:6f:20:c0:98
> authorized=0
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state RESTART
> IEEE 802.1X: station 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 - new auth
> session, clearing State
> IEEE 802.1X: Generated EAP Request-Identity for
> 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 (identifier 0, timeout 30)
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state CONNECTING
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state AUTHENTICATING
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state REQUEST
> IEEE 802.1X: Sending EAP Packet to 00:02:6f:20:c0:98
> (identifier 0)
> TX EAPOL - hexdump(len=23): 00 02 6f 20 c0 98 00 20
> a6 57 3e 6f 88 8e 02 00 00 05 01 00 00 05 01
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> 
> 
> (............)
> 
> 
> ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: EAP timeout
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state TIMEOUT
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state ABORTING
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state INITIALIZE
> ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: aborting
> authentication
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state RESTART
> IEEE 802.1X: station 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 - new auth
> session, clearing State
> IEEE 802.1X: Generated EAP Request-Identity for
> 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 (identifier 1, timeout 30)
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state IDLE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state CONNECTING
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state AUTHENTICATING
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state REQUEST
> IEEE 802.1X: Sending EAP Packet to 00:02:6f:20:c0:98
> (identifier 1)
> TX EAPOL - hexdump(len=23): 00 02 6f 20 c0 98 00 20
> a6 57 3e 6f 88 8e 02 00 00 05 01 01 00 05 01
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> 
> (..............)
> 
> ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: EAP timeout
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state TIMEOUT
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state ABORTING
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state INITIALIZE
> ath0: STA 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 IEEE 802.1X: aborting
> authentication
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state RESTART
> IEEE 802.1X: station 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 - new auth
> session, clearing State
> IEEE 802.1X: Generated EAP Request-Identity for
> 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 (identifier 2, timeout 30)
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 BE_AUTH entering
> state IDLE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state CONNECTING
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 REAUTH_TIMER entering
> state INITIALIZE
> IEEE 802.1X: 00:02:6f:20:c0:98 AUTH_PAE entering
> state 
=== message truncated ===




More information about the HostAP mailing list