Setting channel/frequency while roaming manually.

Kishore Ramachandran ramack at eden.rutgers.edu
Mon Jun 20 16:29:13 EDT 2005

In managed mode, setting the channel/frequency using iwconfig has no
effect and this seems fine as long as the firmware is taking care of
roaming decisions.

However, if I use manual roaming (by setting host_roaming to 2), setting
the channel/frequency using iwconfig still has no effect. I tried this
with hostap driver v0.3.7 on Linux kernel v2.4.30. Is there some other
way to change the channel/frequency apart from iwconfig while the card is
in manual roaming mode?

I have two APs on different channels and unless I change the channel (in
manual roaming mode), all association requests go out on channel 1.

Thanks in advance,
Kishore