madwifi wpa 0.4.1

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jun 5 12:26:33 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 06:19:29PM +0200, Shawn Adams wrote:

> I have a SuSE 9.2 notebook, with a PCMCIA wireless adapter, using the
> MADWIFI driver.

What access point are you using?

> The card works fine with WEP 104bit, open mode, but when I configure for
> WPA-PSK, the card associates, but then loses association every 10
> seconds, just keeps looping. The successful auth lasts long enough to
> obtain an address via DHCP, and the AP reports successful auth and
> association, but the 10 seconds sure sounds like the Setting
> authentication timeout: 10 sec 0 usec

The debug log you sent did not include successfully completed WPA 4-Way
Handshake. In other words, this should not allow DHCP to work.. Can you
send a debug log from a case where you received an IP address, i.e.,
something that would include 4-Way Handshake succeeding?