wpa_supplicant associates but dhcpcd cannot get IP address

Craig L gangis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 16:54:19 EST 2005

Heh, funny how things work out, eh? ;)

Yes, I dropped the B and went with -w and it works good so far. One
issue I just noticed that I haven't tackled yet: On bootup it goes
something like this:

Starting ath0 [ok]
     Starting wpa_supplicant on ath0 ...
     /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf must set
     ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant [!!]

And when I uncomment that line:

Starting ath0 [ok]
     Starting wpa_supplicant on ath0 ...
Line 1: Invalid configuration line 'ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant'.
Failed to read configuration file '/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf'. [!!]

Sorta contradicts itself, eh? I'm using the latest CVS version, which
apparently works better than the 3.6 developmental release that's on
the site. And here's the funny thing... If I comment out that
particular line in /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf and execute it in the
command line, it works perfectly without any complaints, dhcpcd grabs
an IP and wpa_supplicant daemonizes. Weird, huh? It's not that
pressing of an issue, I don't mind executing my script 'wlan-home' by
hand everytime I need to use it (for now.)

Thanks,
Craig