wpa_sup & hostap kernel driver

Bryan Kadzban bryan at kadzban.is-a-geek.net
Sat Dec 17 08:20:45 EST 2005

Morgan Read wrote:
> First with v. 0.3.8

Always use the latest stable, unless it has bugs in it that you can't
work around.

> [root at morgansmachine wpa_supplicant-0.4.7]# wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c
> /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -w

Is "." first in root's $PATH or something?  You realize that can be a
security hole, right?  Otherwise you were still running the 0.3.8
version here.

> Line 1: Invalid configuration line 'ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant'.
> Line 2: Invalid configuration line 'ctrl_interface_group=100'.

I assume you compiled this yourself, right?  It looks like the
ctrl_interface stuff got turned off in .config somehow.  Was that
intentional?  Is this version also perhaps missing other features you
might need?  (The problem you ran into is only that the ctrl_interface
stuff is turned off, but you might want to check .config for other
things too, just to be sure.)

> [root at morgansmachine wpa_supplicant-0.2.7]#

Again, always use the latest stable.  ;-)