Restarting after sleep questions

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:25:39 EST 2005

Earlier I wrote:

    Hmm, I noticed that if I kill wpa_supplicant and then restart
    in debug mode that perhaps the reason for not being able
    to reconnect was that wpa_supplicant could not get
    a SSID match (it got '<hidden>' instead of the actual SSID.

    I had the router config'ed *not* to broadcast the SSID. When
    I turned on the 'Broadcast the SSID' option in the router, after
    a couple of attempts a connection could be made. I will find
    out tonight if this also cures the problem with a wake after
    a long sleep.

Well I ran out to do some errands, when I came back after
about 90 minutes later my laptop was asleep and upon
waking the link to the AP was dead even thought wpa_cli
said it was connected.

I killed the wpa_supplicant and restarted after about 20 seconds
I became reconnected.

Am I the only one who has suspend problems with WPA?

I guess I can terminate wpa_supplicant prior to sleep and
restart on wake up but that seems sorta drastic.

Any suggestions?

Jerry