Restarting after sleep questions

Jerry LeVan jerry.levan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:14:52 EST 2005

Hi,
I have developed a problem with sleeping my laptop and WPA.
I have developed a little bit of code that allows my laptop ( linux) to
go to sleep when the lid is closed or some period of inactivity takes
place,

Short sleeps seem fine, ie the WPA stuff comes back to life. However
after a long enough time of sleep ( not sure how long yet) Waking
the laptop gives a system with no wireless capability.

Kill wpa_supplicant and restarting wpa_supplicant does not seem to
work either. (If I reboot the linksys router it will work...)

I suspect that I will need to take down the connection completely just
before sleep and then upon waking starting from scratch,

What is  the best way to do this?  ( I don't have this problem
with the system configured WEP).

Thanks

Jerry