Channels 12, 13, 14 with hostap-driver

Henrik Brix Andersen brix at gentoo.org
Tue Aug 16 13:52:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

I would like to use channel 13 for my hostap-driver based access point,
but running `iwlist wlan0 channel` on my prism2.5 based miniPCI card
shows the following:

wlan0     14 channels in total; available frequencies :
          Channel 01 : 2.412 GHz
          Channel 02 : 2.417 GHz
          Channel 03 : 2.422 GHz
          Channel 04 : 2.427 GHz
          Channel 05 : 2.432 GHz
          Channel 06 : 2.437 GHz
          Channel 07 : 2.442 GHz
          Channel 08 : 2.447 GHz
          Channel 09 : 2.452 GHz
          Channel 10 : 2.457 GHz
          Channel 11 : 2.462 GHz
          Current Frequency=2.437 GHz (Channel 6)

It says "14 channels in total" but only lists channels 1-11, although
this card was bought from a European supplier.

I've tried setting the channel to 13 using `iwconfig wlan0 channel 13`
but it fails with the following error message:

Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

Does the hostap-driver support the European channels 12 and 13 (and
channel 14 for Asia)? If so - is there any way to check whether or not
my card supports those channels?

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at gentoo.org>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd