firmware 1.7.4 only working for RAM DL

grcore grcore at ridefix.com
Tue Aug 2 18:21:55 EDT 2005

Simon J. Rowe <srowe <at> mose.org.uk> writes:

> Let me know if you get an answer, my Netgear MA401 is also unusable with the
> hostap_cs module since flashing to 1.7.4.
>
> How do you use the wlan-ng driver to flash? I may try downgrading.

Actually I used Windows to flash back to 1.5.6, there are utilities out there
that will allow you to do this.  Beware though, XP-SP2 breaks some of these
utilities.

After I have it flashed back to 1.5.6, HostAP will load fine. I then download
the 1.7.4 firmware via HostAP utilities:

prism2_srec -rp wlan0 rf010704.hex

The card works fine (for WPA etc) when I do this.  It just wont work if 1.7.4 is
"flashed" to the card...