SanDisk ConnectPlus 128MB COR bits

Michael Grimborounis mgry_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 07:28:03 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to get a SanDisk ConnectPlus 128MB to work
on a custom PowerPC board. The card works fine on a
Pentium M laptop, and I have used LinkSys cards on my
custom board withought any problems. The SanDisk
however eludes me...

What bothers me is that I can see the following
message in the log:

kernel: prism2_pccard_cor_sreset: original COR 38

Well, this does not seem right. Reading the
description on p. 3-27 of this document:
www.sandisk.com/pdf/industrial/ProdManualCFWLANv1.0.pdf
I think COR could only have bits 7 (on SRESET), 6, 2
and 0 set on read. However, this same card on the
laptop produces a message to the effect of the COR
being 0x4b during the first call to
prism2_pccard_cor_sreset(), 0x4f on subsequent calls.
Searching the net has shown that others get values
like 0x45 or 0x41, which match the documentation.

sandisk_enable_wireless() sets COR = COR_LEVEL_REQ |
0x8 | COR_ADDR_DECODE | COR_FUNC_ENA, or 0x4b.
COR_ADDR_DECODE (0x02) and 0x08 are a mystery to me.
Are these correct? What do they mean? What does the
0x38 I read mean? All set bits should be 0 according
to the documentation. The first call to
prism2_pccard_cor_sreset() occurs after the call to
sandisk_enable_wireless(), so what this message prints
out is the value programmed into COR by
sandisk_enable_wireless(). Shouldn I be reading 0x4b,
or 0x41?

Am I missing something here? Can anyone explain these
settings or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Michael