ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Operation not supported

Henrik Brix Andersen brix at gentoo.org
Sun Apr 24 06:24:57 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 21:16 -0700, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Since you seemed to be using ipw2200 driver, I would have assumed the
> ipw driver interface would have been used. Did v1.0.3 of the driver
> already add support for WE-18?

No, the ipw drivers still lack WE-18 support - that's why I was
surprised to see wpa_supplicant attempting to use WE-18 ioctls when
executed with '-D ipw'.

I've just verified that the problem still exists with current CVS HEAD:

<snip>
wpa_driver_ipw_init is called
ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Operation not supported
</snip>

Sincerely,
Brix
--