How can I check the power output of the wireless card in the accesspoint???

Viliam Trepak trepo at netcomga.sk
Tue Oct 19 19:13:36 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 00:23, Afsaneh Sattari wrote:

> Would you pls help me to know how I can check  the power output of the
> wireless card in the accesspoint usign hostAp.

The command:

# iwpriv wlan0 readmif 62

should return a value in the 0..255 range, with 127 being the minimum and 128 the
maximum power. Similarly, "iwpriv writemif 62 <value>" should set txpower to <value>.

From the README:

<--- QUOTE --->
iwpriv wlan0 readmif <2*CR>
iwpriv wlan0 writemif <2*CR> <val>
        testing commands that allow low-level access to baseband processor
        configuration registers; do *NOT* use these, unless you are sure what
        you are doing; these do not have error checking and it may be
        possible to cause physical damage to your equipment by setting invalid
        values
<--- END QUOTE --->

Viliam Trepak
"The program isn't debugged until the last user is dead."
				-- fortune cookie