hostapd strange shutdown

nondito nondito at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 12 11:05:52 EDT 2004

Hi,

I am using hostapd-0.2.4 and freeradius 1.0 for my
WiFi clients to authenticate with hostap-driver-0.2.4.

This is the command I use in /etc/rc.local to fire up
hostapd during bootup.

/sbin/hostapd -B /etc/hostapd-wlan0.conf
/etc/hostapd-wlan1.conf /etc/hostapd-wlan2.conf

everything works as expected, the only problem is
after sometime clients would call and ask there is no
link.

I search through the machine by "ps" and I see that
there is no hostapd process running.

Then I re-run the command and everything works as
expected.

Can anyone tell me how to stop hostapd for suddenly
die like this?

Thanks,

Nondito.