hostapd(cvs) & madwifi(cvs)

Gunter Burchardt gbur at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Fri Nov 26 07:38:29 EST 2004

On 2004-11-26 - 09:16:47, st3v3 at btinternet.com wrote:
> Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:16:47 +0000 (GMT)
> From: <st3v3 at btinternet.com>
> Subject: Re: hostapd(cvs) & madwifi(cvs)
> To: gbur at informatik.uni-rostock.de
> Cc: hostap at shmoo.com
>
> Hey Gunter
> Just to continue with this problem.
> I have now tried loading the modules wlan_tkip,
> wlan_ccmp. Im still having the same behaviour.
> I have some provided some additonal info in this
> email.

Is all "wep_..." configuration disabled in hostapd.conf? If not please
disable it. WEP is not WPA! Configuring it at same time will destroy
WPA groupkey.
Your station seams not to be configured to WPA. It sends no WPA IE in
its association request - so hostapd didn't handle this station.

> The client succeeds in assoicating, and gets to
> sending the EAPOL - start. Apart from a few more
> EAPOL-start  after retrying. The 802.1x authentication
> does not proceed.
> Do you have a comment on the failing IOCTL SETMLME
> call?

Not at the moment. I have no reference system here (one day holiday :)
). But i guess i saw failing ioctrl on my system too - without
problems.

> In my original email I mentioned WE18. With iwconfig
> --version, all apps recomend WE18, Hence my intial
> query on WE18.

Well, WE16 seams to be ok. All functions work!

> Another problem that I have seen is the setting of the
> keys from hostapd. I mentioned it another post I made
> but had no response. Hostapd sets a key with idx 2.
> The key does get set in madwifi. But the current tx
> key in madwifi always remains at 1 (iwlist ath0 key).

Disable WEP!

regards
gunter