How to get the beacon frame in managed mode

Ip wilson wilson_kyip2 at yahoo.com.hk
Thu Nov 25 08:34:46 EST 2004

Dear all,
   I am doing a project for a indoor positioning system by using hostap to get the information
of the received beacon frames from multiple AP. I have modified the wlansniff program in hostap-0.0.4 a
little to captured the beacon frames from the raw socket.
        It work well when I switched the card into monitor mode and master mode ! But I cannot get
anythings for the beacon frames in managed mode. I am interested to know whether it is possible to get
the beacon frame for my positioning system when the card is in managed mode. It 's because I am
building some location-aware application project and the user should probably use the managed mode to
join some AP.
  Thank for attention ;-)

Wilson Ip

聊天室、收音機、Games 等多項功能