wpa_supplicant 0.2.5 compilation fail

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Nov 15 20:59:43 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:11:50AM +0100, Shawn Adams wrote:

> Platform happens to be Suse 8.2.
> Madwifi drivers work wonderfully with an Athlon based PCMCIA card.

So, you are using madwifi driver..

> From the README, and associated docs, it is clear that wpa_supplicant
> supports a Hermes driver, from other pieces, appears this Hermes code is
> REQUIRED. The .config docs suggest this Hermes is just one of many
> possible interfaces that might be disabled by editing the .config.

But why are you trying to use Hermer driver interface?? Please let me
know what led to this conclusion so that I can improve documentation to
make this more clear. Hermer driver interface is used only if you are
using Hermer driver, which you are not.. If you are using madwifi
driver, you should use madwifi driver interface.

> Can anyone clarify :
> 1. is this Hermes code required ?

No.

> 2. if yes, exactly which piece of code must one download ?

Did you read the README file in wpa_supplicant package?