wpa_supplicant 0.2.5 compilation fail

Shawn Adams shawn_adams at web.de
Mon Nov 15 19:11:50 EST 2004

Hello,

Perhaps I'm missing some vital docs, or something is not clear for me.

Objective is to get wpa_supplicant to act as a SUPPLICANT for a CLIENT
wireless card, to allow this CLIENT to attach to an existing access
point. I do not want this Linux PC to act as an access point.

Platform happens to be Suse 8.2.
Madwifi drivers work wonderfully with an Athlon based PCMCIA card.

 From the README, and associated docs, it is clear that wpa_supplicant
supports a Hermes driver, from other pieces, appears this Hermes code is
REQUIRED. The .config docs suggest this Hermes is just one of many
possible interfaces that might be disabled by editing the .config.

When I compile wpa_supplicant, it appears the Hermes code is somehow
needed by other code.(seems regardless of settings in .config)

make: *** No rule to make target `driver_hermes.o', needed by
`wpa_supplicant'.  Stop.

Can anyone clarify :
1. is this Hermes code required ?
2. if yes, exactly which piece of code must one download ?

Thanks very much in advance

--
Shawn Adams