Sandisk connectplus

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Nov 3 22:36:49 EST 2004

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 04:45:56PM +0200, Simon Kagstrom wrote:

>    Also, to activate the wireless function, you should write two values (0xc5
>    and 0x4b) to the io space base + 0x40, which is HFA384X_RXFID_OFF. Does
>    that make sense?

Partly.. Those values look like COR values that would be used to enable
the card by setting it to I/O mode. In other words, this is to PC Card
COR register, none of the Prism3 specific registers like RXFID.

> 1. There have been some concerns [1] that the linux PCMCIA support does not
>    cater multifunctional cards. Is this so? Or maybe the hostap driver?

I have never used multi-func PC Card, but there certainly seems to be
some support for it since even your configuration was binding one of the
functions ("to 1" or "to 0").. It's unclear to me how much of the
multi-func initialization should be done in core pcmcia code and how
much in the driver, though.