WPA PSK on a usb chipset

Stavros Markou smarkou at patras.atmel.com
Mon May 24 01:23:48 EDT 2004

Hi Jouni,

Jouni Malinen wrote:

>On Thu, May 20, 2004 at 03:32:40PM +0300, Stavros Markou wrote:
>

>>After the success I had with this supplicant using pcmcia, I am trying
>>now to work with usb also.
>>I get succes when I try to associate but it seems that the supplicant
>>does not "sniff" the RX EAPOL packets like it does with my pcmcia
>>device. Also I see that RX EAPOL dump instead of 888e format has 878e.
>>Can you give me a hint ? EAP-TTLS with MSCHAPV2 worked perfectly on
>>pcmcia!!!
>>

>If you mean "RX EAPOL - hexdump" from wpa_supplicant, it does not
>include Ethernet header, so the ethertype (0x888e) is not included in
>it..

I haven't noticed that the Rx  EAPOL hexdump is the packet minus the
header. Sorry for that :-)

>I have never used Atmel driver (neither for pcmcia nor usb), so I do not
>know for sure what could be happening here. By the way, is this driver
>with WPA support and wpa_supplicant driver interface code available
>somewhere?
>
>Some comments about the USB log:

Unfotunately the code is not available yet because of it's heavy
instability but I hope that it shall be soon ready to upload it to SF.

>>l2_packet_receive - recv: Network is down
>>

>Did you set the wireless interface UP at some point? If not, this could
>explain why EAPOL frames are not received..

No I haven't but I did it on Friday and I 've manage to get a 4-way
handshake. Now, I believe that I have to set the encryption setting
succesfully to the device.
Hope that today I shall have a working usb interface with wpa.

>>ioctl[SIOCSIWSCAN]: Device or resource busy
>>

>For some reason, the driver does not seem to like many of the scan
>requests. This may or may not generate some issues.. Anyway, at least it
>looks like the card is able to associate with the AP.

Thanks for your invaluable help and for this great chipset independent
supplicant.

Best Regards,

Stavros Markou.