kernel: prism2_hostapd: unknown cmd=12

Kwabbernoot kwabbernoot at wanadoo.nl
Sat May 15 08:33:46 EDT 2004

Hi all,

When I use my RH9 stop script for stopping hostapd is sends this
"prism2_hostapd: unknown cmd=12" to syslog. If I send a TERM by hand
  I get the same.

Hostapd is working fine though, I'm just curious. Does somebody know
what command exactly is not understood?

hostapd -dd output with a sig TERM:

Signal 15 received - terminating
Flushing old station entries
Deauthenticate all stations
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
Could not disable PrivacyInvoked for interface wlan0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation not supported
Could not remove generic information element from interface wlan0

Regards,
Arnaud