Please, help with the dwl520rev.E firmware!!!

C. Olmsted cliffo at u.washington.edu
Mon May 10 18:30:52 EDT 2004

Also, what hardware are you running this on?  Take a look at Andrew's page
if you haven't already as it has lots of good information.

However, I have been using this card with hostap on an AthlonXP 2400+ with
an MSI K7N2-Delta ILSR mobo and have the same troubles.

The only temporary solution for me was to repeatedly upload the primary
firmware (sometimes 200 or 300 attempts) before the "Valid PDA Not Found"
message goes away.  Then, you can complete the rest of the firmware upload
and all is well.

Unfortunately, until a fix is found (or the cause even) this is the only
way I've found to get the card to work in linux.

Cliff