iwspy with 0.1.3 doesn't work?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Mar 13 00:27:40 EST 2004

On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 11:04:41AM +1030, Ryan Verner wrote:

> I understand this; I just thought maybe you knew of a working firmware,
> as it's probably calibrated to something at the moment.

I would ignore the "Link Quality" value and use Signal and Noise level
values. I haven't been very interested in spending all the time needed
to support different firmware versions, but at least the latest station
firmware versions seem to show up with relatively reasonable values with
Host AP driver. I'm currently using STA f/w 1.8.2 and it seems to give
even reasonable "Link Quality" value. Firmware versions before 1.3.1 are
likely to give incorrect values; although, even with those, the
signal/noise levels are supposed to increase when signal strength is
increasing; they are just not always mapped correctly to dBm.