iwspy with 0.1.3 doesn't work?

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Fri Mar 12 19:34:41 EST 2004

On 13/03/2004, at 10:52 AM, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 13, 2004 at 10:30:55AM +1030, Ryan Verner wrote:
>> On 13/03/2004, at 3:42 AM, Jean Tourrilhes wrote:
>>> 	That's a driver issue. The tools only report what the driver
>>> tells it. I think different versions of the firmware have different
>>> calibrations.
>>
>> Ah.  What firmware(s) would you recommend for use with these drivers,
>> then (I'm currently using 1.7.4 as I've found it incredibly stable for
>> outdoor links).

> 	I did not say that the firmware is bad, I just say that the
> driver and the firmware seems to disagree on this precise point. It's
> far easier to fix the driver (provided the doc exist).

I understand this; I just thought maybe you knew of a working firmware,
as it's probably calibrated to something at the moment.

If there's anything I can do to help, please sing out, it's something
I'd really like to see fixed (just started a new community wireless
group here in Australia, currently testing many outdoor links, and
having this accurate is incredibly important).

Signature space for rent.