IFF_RUNNING and SIOCGMIIPHY support

Alexander Pevzner pzz at pzz.msk.ru
Sun Mar 7 19:21:20 EST 2004

Hello, Jean Tourrilhes!

Tue, 2 Mar 2004 09:55:38 -0800 you wrote:

JT> > Ad-hoc mode is is the one I am particularly interested in, and I
JT> > suppose that my definition is that traffic can flow.

JT> 	A valid ad-hoc network may comprise from a single node to a
JT> very large number of nodes. Any node of the ad-hoc network may come and
JT> go independantly. So, the interesting question is "the traffic can flow
JT> to which node ?".

I suggest using the following approach: the media is considered to
be connected, when there is at least one another IBSS station. BTW,
Microsoft use the similar approach in their 802.11 drivers.

There is a simple method to implement it in IBSS: if your can receive
beacons of your IBSS, you are not alone.

--
        Wishes, Alexander Pevzner (pzz at pzz.msk.ru)