Any network traffic after authentication

Benjamin KLEIN-FIGNIER hostap at 4ben.net
Tue Mar 2 14:41:59 EST 2004

Hello everybody,

I'm currently trying to install a small access point with 802.1X
authentication
using HostAP. I manage to be authenticated by the radius server using
EAP-MD5
(yes, i know how bad it is but it's only a test). Everything seems well
on the
client (802.1X connection successful), the access point (IEEE 802.1X
authenticated),
and the radius server.
But... any network traffic is possible between the client and the
access point
(or anything behind it).

At first, I believed the problem was related to WEP encryption but even
if I
disable it  (with wep_key_len_broadcast=0 and wep_key_len_unicast=0) the
problem remains the same. If I use my access point without hostapd (ie.
without
authentication) everything is right, my DHCP server gives me an IP and
so on...

Any idea ?

bklein.