Install Hostap in Fedora Core 2

Amal Al Hajeri amal at etisalat-nis.ae
Mon Jun 21 05:53:32 EDT 2004

Hi,
I followed your recommendations but no luck yet :( i still get the same
error. please find my comments In-line
On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 08:34, AP-Research wrote:
> <quote who="Amal Al Hajeri">
> > Hi  All,
> >
> > Am trying to configure the intel WLAN 2100 adapter in my Dell Latitude
> > D600 Laptop with Fedora Core 2 installation , for that, one of the
> > requirements is to install hostap. I managed to execute the 'make'
> > command sucessfuly after i copied the kernel .config file as follows:
> >
> > cd /usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/
> > cp configs/kernel-2.6.5-i686.config .config
>
> I'm not sure you will achieve success using the kernel-2.6.5-i686.config
> unless you compile it and boot it (Someone correct me here if I'm wrong, I
> haven't verified it yet).  You should use the .config which was used to
> compile the kernel you are CURRENTLY running.  I deduce from the following
> lines that you should be using /boot/config-2.6.5-1.358.
I verified which kernel am running now and the output was i686

# rpm -q --qf '%{ARCH}\n' kernel
i686

actually if you do a "diff" on the two files,
/usr/src/linux-2.6.5-1.358/configs/kernel-2.6.5-i686.config  and the one
under /boot/ you will find that they are the same file.