Ricoh PCI-PCMCIA adapter in HostAP

sankpal_manisha sankpal_manisha at indiatimes.com
Sun Jan 25 04:00:43 EST 2004

Hello,
  I have purchased Ricoh PCI-PCMCIA adapter in order to make my desktop pc as AP. I am using Compaq WL100 PCMCIA card for this. I am unable to make it work untill now.

The /proc/pci file shows me
 Bus  2, device   9, function  0:
    CardBus bridge: Ricoh Co Ltd RL5c475 (rev 128).
      IRQ 10.
      Master Capable.  No bursts.  Max Lat=7.
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0x10000000 [0x10000fff].

Is this mean my adapter is deteced by the linux?

I installed hostap using
make pccard
make install_pccard
Was i correct or wrong?

My /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia file contains

PCMCIA=no
PCIC=
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=

Is any change required in this file?

Should I give more information to make my desktop pc to work as an AP?

Waiting desperatley for someone's need............
Bye
Manisha
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at http://email.indiatimes.com

 Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com