hostap_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use

Patrick Tran tptran at swissinfo.org
Fri Jan 9 08:29:07 EST 2004

Gentle folks,

I am using a Netgear card and Dlink DWL 650 ( separately) and they were tested to work perfectly well on a Fujitsu laptop

Then this Netgear MA401 was tested on  a Twinhead laptop to set up a HostAP.

However, the wlan0 device can never be found and hostap failed to work. Dlink also faces the same problem.

Based on the error captured from dmesg, I guess there is some hardware conflict when HostAP driver tries to access an IRQ which is being used by other hardware component.

Any ideas or solutions are highly appreciated.

Thank you

Patrick Tran

hostap_crypt: unregistered algorithm 'NULL' (deinit) unloading Kernel Card Services Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22

PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:03.0. Please try using pci=biosirq.

Yenta IRQ list 02c0, PCI irq0

Socket status: 30000010

cs: memory probe 0x0c0000-0x0fffff: excluding 0xc0000-0xd3fff 0xe0000-0xfffff

hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'

hostap_cs: 0.1.2 - 2003-11-02 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)

hostap_cs: setting Vcc=33 (constant)

hostap_cs: CS_EVENT_CARD_INSERTION

hostap_cs: setting Vcc=33 (from config)

Checking CFTABLE_ENTRY 0x01 (default 0x01) IO window settings: cfg->io.nwin=1 dflt.io.nwin=1

io->flags = 0x0046, io.base=0x0000, len=64

hostap_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use

eth%d: card already removed or not configured during shutdown

hostap_free_data: ap has not yet been initialized - skip resource freeing

unregister_netdevice: device eth%d/c432f000 never was registered