hostap_cs.conf

Andrea G. Forte andreaf at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 20 17:35:32 EST 2004

Hi all,

I would like to know when the "AP out of range" message is used....instead
of just trying to connect to a new AP.
Now, with kernel 2.4.6 and HostAP 0.0.4 and WE12 everything seems to work
BUT we
can only connect to some APs (do not know why), we cannot connect to
most of the University APs for some reason. It also happens that when
moving away from one AP, the handoff procedure does not start. The dmesg
file only says "AP out of range".
I know all of this is very vague, but any help on this would be much
appreciated.
We will also try to move to the new kernel 2.4.18 as soon as possible.

Thank you for all of your help.
Andrea