hostap_cs.conf

Andrea G. Forte andreaf at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Feb 20 15:01:53 EST 2004

> Could you please test this again without first loading linux-wlan-ng
> driver?
Does it matter if I used the wlan-ng driver with a different card before
trying the HostAP with the WCF11? However I will try again.

> I would also need to get the addresses from the oops resolved to
> symbols. Any change that you could pipe it through ksymoops? If not, I
> would need to get System.map and vmlinux from the kernel build tree and
> the Host AP modules (hostap*.o) and contents of /proc/ksyms and
> /proc/modules from the system to be able to resolve the symbols myself

I will send them to you as soon as I can...right now I am trying the older
kernel.

> Is this ANY SSID comment only about 0.0.4 and 0.1.2 just crashes?

Yes, hostAP 0.1.2 just crashes. The comment about the essid was about
0.0.4 but also about the WCF11 card itself, meaning that if I use the
wlan-ng drivers with the WCF11 card and change the essid from ANY to
something specific, the WCF11 gets stuck to "Initializing..." and
never connects. Could it be a problem related to the card firmware instead
of the driver?

One more thing. For some reason hostAP 0.0.4 seems to work
better than the 0.1.2. I tried the hostAP 0.0.4 with the old kernel 2.4.6
and what happens is that hostAP gets loaded and there are not error
messages in the dmesg. We sniffed the card and it came out that the card
is sending probe requests(we set as default Managed mode) but NO APs
respond to those probe requests...any idea why this would happen?
The essid is set as default to our APs' essid.
It almost looks as if the APs cannot "hear" those probe requests.

Thank you,
Andrea