two pci->pcmcia + two senao setup

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon Feb 16 17:43:35 EST 2004

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Bas van Tiel wrote:

[snip]
> hostap_cs: Registered netdevice wifi0
> hostap_cs: index 0x01: Vcc 3.3, irq 10, io 0x0100-0x013f
>  hostap_cs: Registered netdevice wifi1
>  hostap_cs: index 0x01: Vcc 3.3, irq 12, io 0x0140-0x017f
[snip]

> Interface wlan0 works correctly but wlan1 won't work, it also reports
> that the primary flash is not available. Both Ricoh and Senao work properly
> in a single setup. Has somebody already tried this ?

It may be a hardware problem, but there are still a few things to try.

Make sure that each card works in each socket.

Edit /etc/pcmcia/config.opts to avoid having cards in adjacent I/O areas.
For example, if you have "include port 0x100-0x4ff" there, replace it with
"include port 0x100-0x17f, 0x200-0x4ff"

Try using a different driver for one of the cards, e.g. orinoco_cs.  You
can edit /etc/pcmcia/config and run "killall -HUP cardmgr" between
insertions to make cardmgr reread the configuration.  Also try using
orinoco_cs with both cards.

If you use a 2.4.x or 2.2.x kernel, try using the drivers from pcmcia-cs
package.  To make it possible, PCMCIA should be disables in the kernel.
The socket driver will be called i82365, not yenta_socket.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin