Hostap configuration - internet resoucres ?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Feb 8 00:23:46 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 02:10:54PM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:

> I tried ccmp/aes with static configuration, and it works for pinging.
> but once I have traffic (e.g. evolution scanning mail folders)
> the kernel on my gw/server crashes.

There was a bug in CCMP encryption. CVS version is now fixed.

> I notices one more drawback of ccmp/aes: I need to reboot both
> machines at the same time, or they will not be able to decrypt
> what the other machine is sending. removing the wlan0 card on
> my laptop is not good enough, I need a real reboot.
> Is there any way to reset whatever internal counters cause the
> mismatch?

You need to make sure that the sequence numbers are synchronized.
Normally WPA Supplicant and Authenticator take care of this. If you set
the keys manually, you will need to set them at the same time on both
ends since this clears the packet sequence numbers.