WEP-reg

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Dec 20 22:52:08 EST 2004

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 09:09:19AM +0530, sudha.ramachandra at wipro.com wrote:

>   can anybody help me out with the implementation of WEP 152 bit  and 256 bit key support in the hostap source code.....as i am doing this as a part of my academic project....My expereince regarding this is very less...

May I ask what is the topic of the academic project? Research on
unsecure encryption at any key length?

Replace WEP_KEY_LEN definition (couple of places) to use larger maximum
key length than 13, set host_encrypt and host_decrypt to 1, and you are
more or less done. I would search for other places using 13 (e.g.,
prism2_ioctl_siwencode()) and replace them with suitable maximum length.
These may also need some small changes to support more than two
different key length.

You will also need to make sure that the tools you are using to
configure keys (e.g., iwconfig) support the lengths you selected.
hostap_crypt_conf does not seem to care about the key length, so it
might work as-is.