Host AP/hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.3.0

Henrik Brix Andersen brix at gentoo.org
Thu Dec 9 15:55:56 EST 2004

Hi Jouni,

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 22:30 -0800, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> New versions of Linux Prism2/2.5/3 Host AP driver, hostapd, and
> wpa_supplicant were just released and are now available from
> http://hostap.epitest.fi/

wpa_supplicant-0.3.0 does not compile with CONFIG_PCSC=y here. Looks
like the struct eap_sm changes were not applied to eap_aka_umts_auth()
and eap_sim_gsm_auth(). I've written a small patch (attached) to deal
with this, but I am not sure it is the correct fix. I can not verify it
since I do not have the hardware needed.

Also, since my pkg-config patch was not included, I suggest adding
'-I/usr/include/PCSC' to the 'CFLAGS += -DPCSC_FUNCS' line in order to
enable compiling against pcsc-lite-1.2.9_beta3 and newer.

Oh, and in order to compile the madwifi driver one still needs to
specify the include directory for the madwifi-driver headers. This
requirement is still listed in the README, but the line was removed from
the Makefile.

Sincerely,
Brix

PS: Gentoo users can find a preliminary ebuild for wpa_supplicant-0.3.0
including the above mentioned changes in my overlay at:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~brix/files/overlay/net-wireless/wpa-supplicant/
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <brix at gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux