Is it possible?

Piotr Dąbrowski piotrek at hokej.sanok.pl
Thu Aug 26 05:36:17 EDT 2004

Hi!

I am using HostAP form about 2 years (and thanks for Jouni for his very
impressive work)

with 8 connected wireless clients. It works great! But now I want to connect
few clients trough

DLink DWL-900AP+ (there is no other way).

DWL-900AP+ is in "AP Client Mode" and it can connect to Host AP. I can ping
the LAN address

of the DWL-900AP+ from the Linux box. I have also three PC's connected to
the LAN port of the

DWL-900AP+ (over Ethernet) and they can ping the LAN address of the
DWL-900AP+ also.

But that is all. :(

>From Linux box I cannot ping the PC's that are attached to the LAN interface
of the DWL-900AP+,

and from PC's I cannot ping the Linux box with Host AP.

Am I doing some mistake or it cannot work this way?

I know, that if DWL-900AP+ is on both sides (one act as AP, and one as AP
Client) it works well.

Sorry for my poor English.

Best regards

Piotr