XP SP2 + hostapd?

Gunter Burchardt gbur at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Tue Aug 24 00:53:27 EDT 2004

> 	It was set to use dynamic WEP. I'm not using rekeying right
> now, since I've had problems in the past where it would cause the
> connection to just drop on the client side until I removed and
> reinserted the card.

WPA works for me with windows xp own supplicant. Rekeying works since
3 days. No connection drop after reauth/rekeying. Sometimes keyexcange
fails (4-Way-Handshake), i guess packet lost, but winxp can
reauthenticate without problems.

WPASupplicant has also problems with reauth/rekeying sometimes. After
it fails and WPASupplicant wants to connect it didn't get group keys and
after a timeout (about 45 seconds) WPASupplicant disconnects. It seams
that in state PTKINITDONE sm->PInitAKeys is not set to TRUE!

At the moment setting eap_reauth_period to short values is dangerous!

regards
gunter