Whether to upgrade?

James B. Hiller jhiller at visi.net
Tue Aug 24 00:01:18 EDT 2004

Hi.

Been, and am, running hostap 0.1.2 for 8 months now with a DLink-520 Rev A2,
PCI (PRI is 1.1.1, STA is 1.7.4).  Far as I can tell, all is doing great, so
am a bit reluctant to mess with it :-)  (Tremendous piece of software, Jouni!)

Also been watching the mailing list all this time.  Question is, is there
much/any utility in upgrading?  The box it's on is running linux-2.6.0,
and being the WAP/router is all it does, so there's no immediate need
that I know of to run a newer kernel, either.

Appreciate any informed guidance on the matter.

regards,
jbh