Hostapd Preauthentication Segfault

Simi Winiker simi at winiker.ch
Tue Aug 10 12:13:18 EDT 2004

Hello all,

-snip-
> ----->  ap_free_sta(hapd, sta);
> }
>
> By commenting this line out, the segfault disappears, and
> preauthentication seems to proceed as expected.

The Segmentation fault still exists but as a workaround I comment out this
line.

> But can someone please
> explain, how a handover can be triggered manually for further testing of
> the preauthentication?

After further investigation I found out a way.. the supplicant
authenticates to one hostapd, pre-auths to the second, then I kill the
first hostapd and start "reassociate" in wpa_cli. Then the supplicant
reassociates to the second hostapd as expected, without doing the full
authentication message flow again.

Cheers,
Simi