Management frames in 0.0.4

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Oct 15 21:33:47 EDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 08:02:32AM +0100, Petr Novak wrote:

> Oops, sorry, my fault, please find another excerpt of that big file, now
> hopefully cut in a meaningful way.

Thanks. Yhis one was better for verifying the Authentication frame
latency. There was lot of extra retries from the AP, but the
authentication reply was still send quickly enough to pass Wi-Fi
certification requirements. And indeed, the STA ACKed that frame.

It looks like the STA is working correctly, but the AP seems to ignore
all ACK and CTS frames from the STA. I have seen similar issues in some
cases. For example, configuring supported/basic rate sets incorrectly
seemed to cause clients to not ACK frames. However, based on the Beacon
frame in this sniffer log, these seemd to be configured correctly.

Could you please try testing whether any of the resets fix this
misbehavior? Following card resets can be triggered with iwpriv. It
would be interesting to test them one by one while verifying whether the
AP behavior changes before trying the next lower level of reset.

# only reset Port0 by disabling and enabling it
iwpriv wlan0 reset 2

# soft reset card with Initialize command
iwpriv wlan0 reset 0

# hard reset card with COR sreset
iwpriv wlan0 reset 1

Please also send me 'hostap_diag -a wlan0' output from the AP when it is
running the new driver code and is in failing state.