kernel messages and such

mike-hostap at tiedyenetworks.com mike-hostap at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Nov 24 21:52:07 EST 2003

Howdy,

	I'm still trying to make sense of the data in /proc for hostap. I
see there is a file named by the mac address of each station here, and
each file contains some basic info. Most is pretty explanatory, but what
does the 'silence' and 'signal' values mean?

last_rx: silence=162 signal=178 rate=10

	I know these some discussion as to what value in dbm these values
could be, but reletively speaking is there anything intelligible I can
derive from these numbers? I'm using mostly the seano 2011-cd cards from
netgate if it helps.

	Second question is, I frequently get the following:

handle_ap_item - addr3(BSSID)=00:10:5a:01:d6:98 not own MAC

	The mac address in question is that of the ethernet interface on
the router directly attached to the AP. Oh yeah this is all 0.11 driver.

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike-