2003-11-24 cvs tree bug

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Nov 24 00:09:03 EST 2003

On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 02:01:26PM +0900, imp wrote:

> Todays CVS tree have some problem with WEP key setting..
>
> After WEP key just a few minites after hostap display
>
> wifi0: hfa384x_setup_bap - timeout after
> wifi0: hfa384x_setup_bap - timeout before
> hostap_cs: wifi0: resetting card
> wifi0: hfa384x_setup_bap - timeout before

I have certainly done lot of editing on the crypto code during the last
week or so and I have mostly tested host-based encryption. Anyway, I did
not see this issue with the current CVS version. Could you please
include bit more information about how to reproduce this issue and full
dmesg output from the card initialization to the error message? I would
need to know STA f/w version and list of commands you used to configure
the card after initialization. Could you also please verify that this
still works with host-based encryption (i.e., by running 'iwpriv wlan0
host_decrypt 1; iwpriv wlan0 host_encrypt 1' before configuring the
keys)?