hostapd-0.1.0 problem

Min Zou zoum at mzou.net
Sun Nov 9 01:13:58 EST 2003

Hello,

I recently upgraded hostap packages (in Debian) to the following:
- hostap-source  0.1.2
- hostap-util    0.1.2
- hostapd        0.1.0
- hostap-modules 0.1.2 (home compiled)

The access point is working, but I can't start "hostapd". Here is the error
message:

# hostapd -d /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
Configuration file: /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
Could not enable hostapd mode for interface wlan0
ioctl[SIOCGIFFLAGS]: No such device
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported

I am not sure if this is due to the version incompatibility between the
hostap and the rest. Can anyone help me about this? Thanks in advance!

Below is the relevant information from "dmesg":

hostap_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
hostap_pci: 0.1.2 - 2003-11-02 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.hut.fi>)
PCI: Found IRQ 9 for device 00:12.0
hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wlan0
prism2_hw_init: initialized in 200 ms
wlan0: trying to read PDA from 0x007f0000: OK
wlan0: NIC: id=0x8013 v1.0.0
wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.0.7
wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.3.6
wlan0: defaulting to host-based encryption as a workaround for firmware bug in Host AP mode WEP
wlan0: defaulting to bogus WDS frame as a workaround for firmware bug in Host AP mode WDS
wlan0: Intersil Prism2.5 PCI: mem=0xe4100000, irq=9

--
Best regards,
Min