New management sub types

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Thu May 29 21:15:00 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 06:05:12PM +0200, Ilyes Gouta wrote:

> the question is, does the prism2 chip performs
> additional filtering on frame's type and subtype
> before sending the whole stuff ?

Yes, station firmware is doing some filtering on the transmitted frames.
However, I haven't seen any documentation on this, so it looks like one
have to experiment with different variations before really knowing what
can or cannot be sent.

> Also, where can i find the code related to the
> reception of the mgmgt frames when operating in a
> managed mode ? (in the handle_ap_item function ?)

In most cases, station firmware does not pass management frames to the
host driver in managed mode. Latest versions (1.7.x) might pass some
frames (like beacon/proberesp) for WPA functionality, but in general
Prism2 is not the best alternative for such functionality.